The Center for Student Legal Services Housing Law section is designed to cover topics of Ohio’s Landlord-Tenant Law that are most applicable to Ohio University Students. Housing Law is an area of civil law. The rights and duties of both landlords and tenants is primarily governed by statutory law, specifically the Ohio Revised Code § 5321 We have attempted to provide guidance throughout your Landlord-Tenant experience — from shopping for off-campus housing, entering into lease agreements, moving in and out of your rental property, and understanding your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
Please remember that this website is to be used as a resource for general information only and should NOT be used as a substitute for legal advice. For information specific to your situation, students should contact the Center for Student Legal Services and schedule an appointment to meet with one of our attorneys.
- Shopping for Off Campus Housing
- Lease Agreements (under construction)
- Roommate and Co-Tenant Agreements
- Security Deposits
- Move-In/Move-Out Tips (under construction)
- Tenant Rights & Responsibilities (under construction)
- Landlord Rights & Responsibilities (under construction)
- Problems with Condition of Rental Property (under construction)
- Rent Escrow (under construction)
- Unlawful Entry (under construction)
- Housing Information for Download and Distribution
This information does not constitute legal advice, nor is it intended as a substitute for legal advice.